4th of July fireworks celebrations will return this year 2021 after being canceled or postponed last year during the 2020 coronavirus pandemic.
Will there be 4th of July fireworks this year in NYC?
Mayor De Blasio says the Coney Island fireworks show will also be back this year after the Macy’s fireworks display is held. Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks® returns live from New York City.
Macy’s says the it all starts with a spark on Sunday, July 4 at approximately 9:25pm, the 45th anniversary of Macy’s July 4th fireworks will ignite with a jaw dropping 25-minute salute to the nation with five barges lining the New York City’s East River. Macy’s will launch more than 65,000 shells delighting spectators in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens and millions more on television nationwide during NBC’s 2-hour broadcast special. The show will feature performances by the Black Pumas, Coldplay, Tori Kelly and Reba McEntire.
Where to see fireworks in New York City for 2021
East River- Midtown
July 4th, 9:25 pm
Watch thousands of fireworks soar into the sky during the Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks! This fireworks display has always been a big event for the city, and this year will be no exception. To keep people safe, spectators will be able to watch the display from special viewing areas that will be designated for people who are vaccinated and those who aren’t. The display will also be airing live on NBC and will be featuring star performances to get everyone excited for the celebration.
July 4th, 10 pm
For people who want to attend a smaller Independence Day celebration, head over to Coney Island for another fireworks display! The Coney Island fireworks are a symbol of summer in New York City and are visible from its famous boardwalk. With the display only going on for 15 minutes, this event is great for families looking to enjoy the show while also continuing with the other fun activities Coney Island offers.
July 4th 2021 fireworks, festivals, parades return to Treasure Coast
Here’s where to see fireworks in Indian River, St. Lucie and Martin counties:
Note: All activities are on Saturday, July 3
- Parade from 8:30 a.m. to about 9:30 a.m. along Indian River Drive from Central Avenue north to Riverview Park at U.S. 1 and County Road 512
- Festival from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Riverview Park featuring food, vendors, live music and kids activities. Fireworks begin at 9 p.m.
Boom on the Lagoon
- 5-9 p.m. Sunday; fireworks at 9 p.m.
- Riverside Park, 3001 Riverside Park Drive
- Event: Children’s activities, food trucks, trivia games, contests, live music by Johnny and the Blaze at 5 p.m. and fireworks synchronized to music on WAXE 107.9 FM, WQOL 103.7 FM and Real Radio 101.7 FM
Stars over St. Lucie
- 6-9:30 p.m. Sunday; fireworks at 9 p.m.
- Marina Square, 1 Avenue A
- Event: Live music, food vendors
Port St. Lucie
- 4-10 p.m. Sunday; fireworks at 9 p.m.
- MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center, 9221 S.E. Event Center Place
- Event: Live music, food trucks, Stars & Stripes youth showcase from 4-6 p.m., Little Miss & Little Mister Red, White and Blue Pageant from 5:15-6 p.m., Highway Companions Band from 6-7 p.m. and 9:30-10 p.m, magician Jamie Porter from 7-7:30 p.m., The Wildflowers Tom Petty tribute band from 7:30-9 p.m.
Fireworks on the 4th-Red, White and Boom
- 7 p.m. Sunday: Santana tribute band Supernatural will perform on the Riverwalk Stage in downtown Stuart, 201 S.W. St. Lucie Ave.
- 9 p.m. fireworks begin at Flagler Park, 201 S.W. Flagler Ave.
Where to See July 4 Fireworks In and Around Los Angeles 2021
From the Hollywood Bowl out to Irwindale, here are some opportunities to fill your eyes with 4th July fireworks.
July 4th Fireworks Spectacular with Kool & the Gang
- WHERE: Hollywood Bowl, 2301 N. Highland Ave., Hollywood Hills
- WHEN: July 3 and 4, gates at 6 p.m.
- WHAT: Pack your picnic baskets and get ready to sing along to “Celebration” this Independence Day with Kool & the Gang’s two-night stand, also featuring Thomas Wilkins and the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra playing some patriotic faves. [More info and tickets]
Cinespia Dazed and Confused, Dirty Dancing and Fireworks
- WHERE: Hollywood Forever Cemetery, 6000 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood
- WHEN: July 3 and 4, gates at 7:15 p.m., movie at 9 p.m.
- WHAT: The iconic Hollywood Forever Cemetery is hosting back-to-back fireworks shows this Fourth of July Weekend. On July 3, grab some beers and enjoy the cult classic Dazed and Confused on the big screen. On July 4, watch Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey have the time of their lives in Dirty Dancing. Stick around after the movie on both nights to take pictures at the free photo booth and watch fireworks light up the sky. [More info and tickets]
July 4th at the Marina
- WHERE: Marina Del Rey (multiple viewing spots)
- WHEN: July 4, 9 p.m.
- WHAT: Fireworks will be shot off from a barge, and can be viewed with synchronized music at Burton Chase Park or Fisherman’s village, or you can watch right from the water by booking a fireworks cruise through City Cruises. The show lasts ten minutes, and they recommend arriving early to get parking. [More info]
95th Annual AmericaFest at the Rose Bowl
- WHERE: Rose Bowl Stadium, 1001 Rose Bowl Dr., Pasadena
- WHEN: July 4, doors at 5:30 p.m., event at 7 p.m.
- WHAT: Share in Pasadena’s nearly century-old tradition from various locations around the city (like the Colorado Street Bridge), or buy a ticket to check out the festivities from the Rose Bowl’s turf. Details are still coming together, but a VIP package includes a BBQ dinner and a program for the whole family in the lead-up to the fireworks show. [More info and tickets]
Jewel City Sparkles Fireworks Show
- WHERE: Harvard Street & Brand Boulevard, downtown Glendale
- WHEN: July 4, 9 p.m.
- WHAT: The city of Glendale is hosting a show to kick off the reopening of its downtown hub. View the show for free from any local business or dining location along Brand or Harvard. [More info]
Councilman Bob Blumenfield’s July 4th Extravaganza
- WHERE: Warner Park, 5800 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Woodland Hills
- WHEN: July 4, 6-9:30 p.m.
- WHAT: Any Beatles fans out there? The District 3 councilman’s extravaganza features Beatles tribute band Ticket to Ride along with the band Illunis, followed by a 15-minute firework show. Local restaurants, arts and crafts vendors, and other businesses will also be around selling their products. Best part: it’s free! [More info]
July 2nd Altadena Golf Course Fireworks Viewing
- WHERE: Altadena Golf Course, 1456 E. Mendocino St., Altadena
- WHEN: July 2, 9:30 p.m.
- WHAT: Want to squeeze even more fireworks into the weekend? The Altadena Golf Course Is offering a Friday night display from its parking lot. [More info]
City of Monrovia July 4th Concert and Fireworks Show
- WHERE: Monrovia Library Park, 321 S Myrtle Ave., Monrovia
- WHEN: July 4, concert at 7 p.m., fireworks at 9 p.m.
- WHAT: The City of Monrovia is hosting its annual fireworks show and concert in Library Park. Check out tunes from both Night Owl and Top 40 Band before the big fireworks show. Also make time for a cruise around the neighborhood to check out the entrants in the city’s patriotic home decorating contest. [More info]
Fireworks Spectacular at Disneyland
- WHERE: Disneyland, Anaheim
- WHEN: Beginning July 1
- WHAT: After a COVID hiatus, fireworks will be returning to Disneyland just in time for Independence Day. The show “Mickey’s Mix Magic” will include projections, lasers, and fireworks. If you can’t make it to Disneyland on July 4, the show will continue nightly. [More info]
Fireworks Spectacular at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base
- WHERE: Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base, 11200 Lexington Dr., Los Alamitos
- WHEN: July 4, gates at 4 p.m., fireworks at 9 p.m.
- WHAT: The COVID conscious will appreciate that this drive-up fireworks show includes a health screening upon entry. Food and drinks are available on site, and reservations are required. [More information]
Fireworks Over the Ocean in Huntington Beach
- WHERE: Huntington Beach Pier
- WHEN: July 4, 9 p.m.
- WHAT: The Surf City’s weekend long Fourth of July celebration and parade will all lead up to the spectacular 1,300-round pyrotechnic show launched right above the pier. Arrive early to snag a fire pit by the beach or get tickets to enjoy the show from the front-row seating area on the pier. [More info]
July 3rd Irwindale Speedway Night of Destruction ARCA West PLUS Fireworks
- WHERE: Irwindale Speedway, 500 Speedway Dr., Irwindale
- WHEN: July 3, 7 p.m.
- WHAT: Head to the San Gabriel Valley for a demolition derby in anticipation of the speedway’s biggest firework show of the year. Vendors offer a number of all-American snacks and entrees for the whole family. [More information]
July 4th Independence Day Firework Show on Catalina
- WHERE: Avalon, Catalina Island
- WHEN: July 4, 9 p.m.
- WHAT: Take a mini vacation to Catalina Island for a day full of festivities—including a golf cart parade and live music—and end the night with a fireworks show over the water. Plus, enjoy an exclusive view of fireworks from Ventura County to San Diego in the distance. [More information]