Kyle Rittenhouse, the Kenosha shooter, intends to take aim at those who labeled him a’murderer’ and a ‘white supremacist’ in the run-up to his trial and subsequent acquittal.
Rittenhouse killed two men and injured a third during confrontations in August 2020 in Kenosha during anti-police protests. He stated in his testimony that he acted in self-defense.
The 18-year-old was acquitted of first-degree intentional homicide and other charges last November and walked out of court a free man.
Rittenhouse stated on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show on Monday night that he wanted to hold major media and entertainment figures ‘accountable,’ noting that he was targeting talk show host Whoopi Goldberg.
‘We are looking at quite a few politicians, celebrities, athletes, Whoopi Goldberg is on the list. She called me a murderer after I was acquitted by a jury of my peers. She went on to still say that, and there’s others,’ Rittenhouse told Carlson.
He also revealed that Cenk Uygur, the founder of the Young Turks show, is a target of his, stating that he ‘continues to refer to me as a’murderer.’
The Young Turks show is a liberal and left-wing news commentary show that airs on YouTube and select television networks.
‘What about the people who called you a white supremacist? It makes it pretty hard to get a job for the rest of your life if you are a white supremacist. Will you be responding to them?’ Carlson asked.
‘Absolutely. We’re going to hold everybody who lied about me accountable, such as everybody who lied called me a White supremacist,’ Rittenhouse said in response. ‘They’re all going to be held accountable. And we’re going to handle them in a courtroom.’
Last year, a Wisconsin jury acquitted Rittenhouse of all charges. They ranged from murder to reckless endangerment.
‘My trial exposed a deep corruption in our media that cannot go unanswered. Their blatant lies, defamation, and propaganda were malicious attempts to tear our nation apart and destroy my life — and I am committed to holding them accountable,’ he said following the verdict.
‘Me and my team have decided to launch The Media Accountability Project as a tool to help fundraise and hold the media accountable for the lies they said and deal with them in court,’ he explained.
‘I don’t want to see anybody else have to deal with what I went through. So I want to hold them accountable for what they did to me, because I don’t want to see anybody have to go through what I went through.’
During Monday night’s appearance Rittenhouse announced that he would be pursuing individuals via his Media Accountability Project through which he hopes to target those who spoke ill of him.
The website begins with a video of Malcolm X with Rittenhouse reading a quote from the civil rights activist.
‘The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power.’
- Kyle Rittenhouse has stated that he intends to sue media outlets and ‘celebrities, politicians, and athletes’ who have referred to him as a’murderer.’
- Rittenhouse told Fox News that he believes several organizations and individuals misrepresented the Kenosha incident in their coverage.
- He stated that he intended to establish The Media Accountability Project as a vehicle for fundraising and holding the media accountable for the’lies told about him.’
- He claims he intends to sue Whoopi Goldberg’s talk show and Young Turks founder Cenk Uygur, both of whom continue to refer to him as a’murderer.’
- LeBron James, the NBA’s superstar, also accused Rittenhouse of feigning tears after the teen sobbed on the stand during his double murder trial.
- President Biden described Rittenhouse as a ‘white supremacist’ in a tweet.
- In 2020, Rittenhouse shot the men during a street protest in Kenosha.
- He assassinated Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum and critically injured Gaige Grosskreutz.
- He was acquitted of multiple charges, including homicide, by a jury last year.