Director of National Intelligence (DNI) John Ratcliffe concluded that Communist China interfered in the 2020 election and that information was suppressed by the CIA management.
According to a document made public Sunday, DNI John Ratcliffe has determined that China “sought to influence” America’s 2020 national elections.
“From my unique vantage point as the individual who consumes all of the U.S. government’s most sensitive intelligence on the People’s Republic of China, I do not believe the majority view expressed by Intelligence Community (IC) analysts fully and accurately reflects the scope of the Chinese government’s efforts to influence the 2020 U.S. federal elections,” Ratcliffe stated in what the Epoch Times described as a letter sent to Congress.
“The IC’s Analytic Ombudsman issued a report…that includes concerning revelations about the politicization of China election influence reporting and of undue pressure being brought to bear on analysts who offered an alternative view based on the intelligence,” Ratcliffe noted.
He wrote that he was “adding my voice in support of the stated minority view — based on all available sources of intelligence, with definitions consistently applied, and reached independent of political considerations or undue pressure — that the People’s Republic of China sought to influence the 2020 U.S. federal elections.”
Here are some key points in the analysis:
- The majority view of the Intelligence Community analysis did not fully and accurately reflect the scope of the Chinese government’s efforts to interfere the 2020 US Election.
- Ombudsman, a government-appointed official, found that the report on the China analysts was hesitant to assess Chinese actions as undue influence or interference.
- CIA officials rejected the National Intelligence Council (NIC) coordination comments and tried to downplay alternative analysis in their production during the drafting stage of this document.
- CIA management took actions “pressuring to withdraw their support” from the alternative viewpoint on China “in an attempt to suppress it.
- The analysts applied inconsistent standards across Russia and China analytic communities.
“In that same spirit, I am adding my voice in support of the stated minority view – based on all available sources of intelligence, with definitions consistently applied, and reached independent of political considerations or undue pressure – that the People’s Republic of China sought to influence the 2020 U.S. federal elections, and raising the need for the Intelligence Community to address the underlying issues with China reporting outlined above. ” John Ratcliffe concluded.
Following is the letter transmitted to Congress by Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe:
“The intelligence is clear: Beijing intends to dominate the U.S. and the rest of the planet economically, militarily, and technologically,” he wrote. “Many of China’s major public initiatives and prominent companies offer only a layer of camouflage to the activities of the Chinese Communist Party.”
- Investigation shows CCP has infiltrated over 70,000 overseas agencies and organizations
- French Journalist: Chinese Communist Party is the main enemy of mankind
- Mike Pompeo: Communist China is already within our borders
- Lin Wood: America has been attacked by communist China twice this year
- Obamas, Clintons and communist China all linked to SolarWinds?