Latest and breaking world news headlines for today from assorted sources and top channels: Fox News, CNN, BBC, Sky News, New York Times, The Guardian, Channel News Asia, SCMP,…
World news from The Epoch Times
- The Australian state of Victoria’s parliament was in lockdown on Thursday morning after an alleged […]
- BRUSSELS—European companies are ramping up security around pipelines and energy prices are climbing again as […]
- The Biden administration will provide approximately $1.1 billion in additional security assistance for Ukraine as part […]
- A Burmese (also known as Myanmar) court has handed three-year jail terms to former leader […]
- Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has moved to assuage concerns that Australians could lose jobs under […]
- Victoria’s Biggest Coal-Fired Generation to Close Its Doors 10 Years Early Amid Push for Green EnergyVictoria’s biggest power plant will be shut down by mid-2035 instead of the mid-2040s, up […]
- Australian defence force families and veterans undergoing rehabilitation and full-time study will continue to receive […]
- Australian Treasurer Jim Chalmers has warned the country is unlikely to see a budget surplus […]
- BANGKOK—A fashion model from Burma (also known as Myanmar) who feared being arrested by the country’s […]
- Jeremy MacKenzie, the founder of the online group “Diagolon,” was arrested in Nova Scotia on Wednesday […]
- The federal government is extending tax relief to people, businesses and charities affected by post-tropical storm Fiona in Atlantic Canada. […]
- Commentary Brazil’s next presidential elections are scheduled to be held on Oct. 2—this Sunday. Many […]
World news from Fox News
- Two planes were involved in a minor collision at Heathrow Airport in London when they […]
- Iran protests: Death toll continues to climb, as reporter who first highlighted Amini's death is arrestedThe U.S. responded to the protests with sanctions against the morality police and seven individuals […]
- Two El Salvador children died after they were swept away in a rain-swollen gully and […]
- Fifteen Griffon vultures from Spain were released in Cyprus to replenish its population, which dropped […]
- The trial began for the 2009 army massacre of protestors at a stadium in Conakry, […]
- The Biden administration wants parents, who were separated from their children at the U.S.-Mexico border, […]
- Austrian-born "Terminator" actor Arnold Schwarzenegger, whose father fought for Nazi Germany in WWII, visits Auschwitz […]
- Thirty-two people were arrested in Athens after being suspected of belonging to gangs that carried […]
- Senior European Union officials are calling for trade sanctions against Russia and the officials responsible […]
- Afghanistan's Taliban government and Russia have agreed to a deal that will see gasoline, diesel, […]
World news from CNN
- A beauty queen from Myanmar who took refuge in Thailand after criticizing her home country's […]
- It's early evening in an affluent neighborhood in the Dutch city of Haarlem and bed […]
- The US scrambled an F-15 jet to shoot down an Iranian drone that appeared to […]
- A weeping Iranian woman is seen kneeling by her dead brother's coffin as she slashes […]
- European countries on Tuesday raced to investigate unexplained leaks in two Russian gas pipelines running […]
- The Hamburglar is back at McDonald's. But this time, it's just for adults.
- Stocks opened higher Tuesday morning, snapping a five-day losing streak and a steep selloff that […]
- New home sales bounced back in August despite high prices and rising mortgage rates that […]
- Indian billionaire Gautam Adani says that China "will feel increasingly isolated" and the "foremost champion […]
- Once again all eyes are on the French capital as fashion week kicks off today. […]
- I have seen countries change before, but I don't think I've ever seen anything quite […]
- From Covid to chaos, it's been another bumpy year for the aviation industry. In much […]
World news from The New York Times
- Rather than sending more powerful HIMARS rocket launchers from its stockpile, the U.S. is ordering them from Lockheed-Martin, so delivery will take years. European Union officials proposed a new round of sanctions in response to Russia’s recent actions to escalate the war.
- A veneer of respectability over Moscow’s land grab.
- A visit for Shinzo Abe’s controversial state funeral also includes outreach to Asian allies over military advances by North Korea and China.
- Defense officials responsible for purchasing weapons for more than 40 nations discussed how to ramp up production for a potentially yearslong war.
- The requests lent an air of formality to a process condemned by the West. They followed sham referendums in four regions in Ukraine that purported to put voters’ stamp of approval on joining Russia.
- The leaks, which may amount to as much as a third of Denmark’s annual carbon emissions, expose the vulnerability of critical infrastructure as the war in Ukraine continues.
- An attack on gas lines under the Baltic Sea exposes the vulnerability of an already jittery Europe. Some officials suggested Moscow was to blame, but with little evidence, others urge caution.
- Plus Australia moves to fight corruption and a Chinese businessman faces assault allegations in a U.S. court.
- The Revolutionary Guards Corps has been attacking Kurdish opposition groups in northern Iraq, blaming them for fomenting the unrest in Iran that was set off by the death of Mahsa Amini.
World headlines from BBC
- Shifting views are tackling the taboo of talking salary – will this help improve pay equity?
- Presidential candidate Lula is ahead in the polls, despite a legacy tainted by corruption scandals.
- Denmark will wear "toned down" jerseys for the World Cup to protest against Qatar's human rights record and treatment of migrant workers.
- The island's electrical system experienced a complete collapse in the wake of the deadly storm.
- The EU, US and Nato say the Nord Stream pipeline leaks appear to have been caused by sabotage.
- Soldiers and heavy weapons are being moved in the northern Tigray region, near the border with Eritrea.
- An armed attacker opened fire killing a Chinese-Pakistani dual national and injuring two others in Karachi.
- The gesture is in solidarity with protests in Iran over the death of a young woman in custody.
- The British-Iranian national filmed herself naming Mahsa Amini, whose death sparked the demonstrations.
- The grandmaster was criticised for on-air remarks labelled "offensive" and "embarrassing".
- Viktor, a scientist, is leaving Russia via Finland after President Putin announced a partial mobilisation.
- Moussa Dadis Camara is accused of being behind the deaths of 150 protesters – he denies the charges.
World headlines from The Guardian
- Australia news live: household wealth takes a hit as markets retreat; financial services minister warns ‘long tail’ on Optus hack impactGovernment, telcos and banks are working together to protect consumers after the Optus breach, Stephen […]
- Pleas for rescue emerge online as storm surge hits coast and millions lose powerReport: Hurricane […]
- Caddick’s brother’s statement ‘categorically dismisses’ any suggestion his brother-in-law could have harmed his sisterThe brother […]
- ‘Major, major’ storm, estimated to be 140 miles wide, makes landfall near Fort Myers, with […]
- Albanese government considering sweeping overhaul of data retention and privacy laws following massive Optus cyber […]
- Move comes after AWM faced criticism for sparse presentation of atrocities against Indigenous Australians during […]
- The Grammy-winning musician passed away at friend’s house in Los Angeles, manager saysThe rapper Coolio […]
- The incident at Rudsdale Newcomer high school comes as Oakland has been grappling with more […]
- Jagot will be the seventh woman appointed to the court, replacing Patrick Keane once he […]
- Exclusive: Despite war crimes inquiry saying commanders ‘must bear’ responsibility for what happened on their […]
World news from Daily Mail
- Fana, a female chimp born in 1951, died in the forest near the village of Bossou in the southeast of Guinea, where scientists have trekked for decades to study the remarkable animal community.
- Far-right Meloni, who congratulated Putin for his election win in 2018, is forming a coalition with Matteo Salvini and Silvio Berlusconi who have praised the Russian leader.
- Nang Mwe San, a model and former doctor, from Myanmar, was charged two weeks ago, according to military authorities.
- Gardai launched a major investigation to establish the circumstances of the apparent attack, and specialist investigators were deployed due to the child victim's young age (forensic team pictured)
- Anastasia Davydova, 39, a five-time gold medallist and the current secretary-general of the Russian Olympic Committee [ROC], has shocked the Kremlin by joining thousands heading over the border.
- EXCLUSIVE: The group of a dozen women and a man were left devastated when their rented Airbnb villa in Marbella was ransacked last Saturday night while they were out having a meal.
- Three people were injured and taken to hospital for treatment after the fire took hold in Changchun, north-eastern China.
- Ukraine said it will never respect the results of sham referendums held on its territory or stop fighting to liberate them, despite Putin's plans to annex them and threats to go nuclear.
- Drones have been spotted near Norway's platforms, amid fears of Russian sabotage on what is now the biggest supply of gas to Europe after the Kremlin turned off its taps.
- Morgan Keane, 25, was gunned down while cutting wood outside his home in La Garrigue near the village of Calvignac north of Toulouse in December 2020.
Channel News Asia
- The vaccination regimen for the primary series in this age group consists of three 3-microgram doses, says the Health Sciences Authority.
- Jackman returning as Wolverine was revealed in the best way possible, thanks to two hilarious videos posted by Ryan "Deadpool" Reynolds. The pair also tease what is to come in their upcoming movie.
South China Morning Post
- Coronavirus: Hong Kong parents urged to get young children inoculated ahead of vaccine pass scheme expansionAbout 50,000 unvaccinated children are set to be barred from entering restaurants and other premises […]
- Deputy foreign minister Ma Zhaoxu makes clear that ‘diplomatic struggle’ against threats to core interests […]
- Trump’s suggestion that he lead a team to de-escalate tensions stands in stark contrast to […]
- Kwasi Kwarteng has been finance minister for less than a month but is already in […]
- India offering US$550 million incentives to woo Apple, tablet makers, to challenge China’s production baseNarendra Modi’s administration has been ramping up efforts to attract global electronics names through policy […]
- Long lines of Russians trying to escape being called up to fight in Ukraine continued […]
- Australia called for Optus, a subsidiary of SingTel, to pay for replacing IDs after 9.8 […]
- Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi lamented the death of a young woman in custody, but warned […]