Latest political news in U.S. from various sources of top websites: Fox News, The Hill, Politico, Wall Street Journal, National Review,….
Opinion from The Epoch Times
- Commentary The 2022 election saw both Scott Morrison and Anthony Albanese play the same game—cling to the political centre and attack each other’s personalities rather […]
- Commentary I fled academia in 2010 because of its increasingly bizarre environment. Since that time, the situation has only gotten worse. This is reflected in […]
- Commentary Elon Musk’s acquisition of social media giant Twitter could be just the start of his public service to America. To the great consternation of […]
- Commentary Sometimes I think, to conjure the old spiritual, that special counsel John Durham has “the whole world in his hands.” By that, I obviously […]
- Commentary When a tragedy involving the shooting of kids occurs, pundits race to their podiums bleating, “How could this ever happen? Guns should be outlawed; […]
- Commentary Americans are on the move. Before the pandemic, many Americans had already relocated in search of career opportunities and better quality of life. However, […]
- Commentary It would be the last time I would enjoy a meal at Mr. Stox, the former landmark Anaheim, Calif., restaurant which has since closed. […]
- Commentary Our greatest fears have now seemed to materialize. The school closures, social dislocation, the two years of isolation, the lockdown psychosis, plus dehumanizing masking […]
- Commentary Imagine how much more President Donald Trump and his team could have accomplished if they had not had to spend so much of their […]
- Commentary Four days a year a special American flag flew from a tall loblolly pine in my family’s front yard. Every Memorial Day, Flag Day, […]
- Fed up with negative New York Times coverage of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas’s wife, friends are waging war with the paper over suggestions that Ginni Thomas was linked to […]
- The Treasury expects to feed on a 28% surge in individual income taxes this year and another spurt in 2025 when the Trump tax cuts expire, according to a new […]
- President Joe Biden finally did it. The lackluster leader’s approval rating has fallen below every president of the modern era at this stage of their term.
- One day after Georgia appeared to prove that it can strengthen ballot integrity and get more people to the polls, voters nationwide said that stopping cheating is the most important […]
- President Joe Biden’s second pick to head the nation’s gun regulating agency opposed training and arming teachers with military or police backgrounds, an issue likely to be raised at a […]
- Ex-Vice President Joe Biden, who has a well-established practice of close encounters with women many describe as creepy, allegedly attempted to “intimidate” former Trump-era Education Secretary Betsy DeVos when she […]
- While mass shootings like the recent slayings at a Buffalo supermarket are typically followed with new calls for gun control, most voters believe that is not the answer, and an […]
- Opposition to Supreme Court judge-packing remains solid despite concerns about the leak of an upcoming abortion decision and growing unfavorability with the high court.
- This week’s Liberal Media Scream features one of America’s top liberal black voices and a regular CNN guest claiming that white conservatives oppose abortion because they fear becoming a minority […]
- Escalating her war of words with former President Donald Trump to DEFCON 1, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) said Sunday that his challenge to the 2020 election results poses the greatest […]
Washington Examiner – Political headlines
- The federal government announced Wednesday that Twitter has agreed to pay $150 million in civil penalties and change its data privacy measures after the platform […]
- An Ohio court ruled that Google may be designated a common carrier subject to state litigation that would likely force the search giant not to […]
- A federal court struck down a Florida anti-censorship social media law, saying the law's content moderation restrictions violate the First Amendment.
- Conservatives are split over whether Google email filters are flagging Republican lawmakers’ emails as spam and thereby unfairly censoring them.
- Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube are likely to be sued by Texans who have been restricted on the platforms thanks to […]
- Bipartisan legislation introduced Thursday takes aim at conflicts of interest in the online ads industry and would strike at the heart of Google's business model, […]
- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton asked the U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday to keep the state's controversial social media law in effect and to allow […]
- Facebook has reportedly secretly funded a nationwide "grassroots" campaign to fight anti-Big Tech antitrust legislation gaining momentum in Congress, using covert operations to try and […]
- A drop in Twitter's stock price and Elon Musk's repeated assertions that he needs more information about fake accounts to proceed with his takeover have […]
- Former President Donald Trump will partially restrict himself on major social media platforms by sometimes posting exclusively on his own platform, Truth Social, according to […]
Politico – Political headlines
Here are the latest political headlines from Politico.
- Democrats need to get at least 10 Senate Republicans on board to have a chance at even narrow gun safety legislation. Here's who's most likely […]
- Sen. Blumenthal to gun lobby: ‘Your days are numbered’ lead image
- ‘This is a choice’: Sen. Murphy promotes bipartisan effort to address mass shootings lead image
- Schumer: ‘Hardening schools would’ve done nothing to prevent this shooting.’ lead image
- A nearly identical version of the legislation that failed Thursday passed the House with no Republican objections two years ago.
- Politicians react to the Texas school shooting, in 180 seconds lead image
- CBO says receipts this year will be highest since 2000, when dot-com bubble drove a big revenue increase.
- FDA commissioner says agency’s food program needs improvement lead image
- The select panel has heard that, after "hang Mike Pence” chants broke out, the then-president expressed support for the prospect of hanging his No. 2, […]
- Senate leaders react to Texas school shooting lead image
The Hill – Political headlines
Here are the latest political headlines from The Hill.
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has canceled his planned Friday live speech at the National Rifle Association (NRA) convention in Houston following a deadly mass […]
- The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays skipped covering their game Thursday night on social media and instead used their accounts to raise awareness […]
- The manufacturer of the semi-automatic rifle an 18-year-old gunman used in a deadly school shooting in Texas on Tuesday posted a photograph days before the […]
- The World Health Organization (WHO) on Thursday passed a resolution condemning Russia for causing a health emergency in Ukraine while rejecting a counterproposal from Russian […]
- Democratic Texas gubernatorial candidate Beto O’Rourke on Friday will attend a rally outside of the National Rifle Association's (NRA) annual summit in Houston alongside several […]
- Criminal charges will not be brought against two former FBI agents accused of mishandling the sexual abuse case involving former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar, […]
- China and Russia on Thursday blocked an effort to impose tougher sanctions on North Korea at the United Nations Security Council that was led by […]
- The Supreme Court refused to take up a request from Republican attorneys general to block the Biden administration’s use of the “social costs” of greenhouse […]
- Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) formally launched her reelection bid on Thursday, seeking the Republican nomination for her seat for the fourth time amid rebukes from […]
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in a presidential address given Thursday that violence by Russian troops in the Donbas region of Ukraine could eventually “make […]
The Next News Network
Fox News – Political headlines
Here are the latest political headlines from Fox News.
- 'Special Report' All-Star panel reacts to new details that surfaced in the shooting timeline about police response at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas
- The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays have partnered to use home broadcasts for tonight's game to spread what they call awareness on gun violence
- Israeli president rejects CNN report suggesting Israeli forces killed Al Jazeera journalist: 'Fake facts'Israeli President Isaac Herzog pushed back on recent reporting from CNN alleging Israel was responsible for the death of veteran Al Jazeera reporter Shireen Abu Akleh.
- Active shooter survival instructor Michael Julian reflects on how the Texas elementary school shooter entered the building on “Jesse Watters Primetime.”
- Rep. Malliotakis calls on politicians to engage law enforcement for practical solutions to mass shootingsRep. Nicole Malliotakis urges lawmakers on "America Reports" to leverage law enforcement and social media company resources to try to prevent mass shootings.
- Fox News co-host Harold Ford Jr. reacts as a parent to revelations in Uvalde Texas school shooting that left 19 children and two teachers dead on “The Five.”
- Houston will increase security measures for the NRA's three-day convention as the gun-rights group comes under fire following the Uvalde school shooting
- Police in Donna, Texas, arrested and has charged four males in connection to threats made against a school on Thursday, and is holding them on bond.
- Wyoming Congresswoman Liz Cheney announces bid for re-election, faces steep opposition from party leadershipRepublican Liz Cheney announced her bid for reelection on Thursday, just days before former President Donald Trump is hosting a rally to support her opponent.
- Substack writer on how professor husband became 'pariah' at Princeton for not agreeing to anti-racism demandsSolveig Gold described her relationship with her husband, former Princeton professor Joshua Katz, in a substack headlined "What Princeton Did to My Husband."
- Virginia has its first case of monkeypox according to the state's Department of Health. The patient is reportedly isolating and poses no public threat.
- Texas school shooting proves protocols are only as good as 'human factor' behind it: Security expertThe deadly school shooting in Texas highlights security vulnerabilities in public schools nationwide, school safety expert tells Fox News on Thursday.
- A Republican effort to block an asylum rule put forward by the Biden administration failed in the Senate on Thursday — despite picking up the support of one moderate Democrat.
- Colin Kaepernick impressed the Las Vegas Raiders during a workout with the team Wednesday, which was largely considered a positive sign, according to multiple reports
- Family members of the victims in the Uvalde, Texas, shooting criticized Robb Elementary School officials for violating security procedures on Tuesday.
- Texas shooting: Reporters demand White House press secretary explain why Biden isn't doing more on gun controlWhite House reporters pressed Karine Jean-Pierre on why the Biden administration is not doing more to address mass shootings following the Uvalde, Texas tragedy
Washington Times – Political headlines
- Three musical acts and a prominent firearms manufacturer have canceled their scheduled attendance at the National Rifle Association's annual meeting in Houston over Tuesday's school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, that […]
- Bishop Michael F. Burbidge of the diocese of Arlington said he will withhold holy communion to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, making his the fourth diocese to take action over her […]
- In the wake of the mass shooting at a Uvalde, Texas, elementary school, Congress is weighing a plan to incentivize states to adopt "red flag" laws like the one Florida […]
- Homeland Security will launch its new asylum policy next week on a limited basis, giving some illegal immigrants another crack at claiming a legal status in the U.S.
- The country suffered through more than 60 active shooter incidents last year and in 18 of those attacks, the shooter was killed by a good guy with a gun — […]
- Imagine a thoughtful and vibrant debate between Sens. Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican, and Bernard Sanders, Vermont independent and self-described Democratic socialist — in a dramatic setting. Is this fantasy […]
- The White House said on Thursday it won't yield to Russian calls to lift sanctions over the war in Ukraine, as the Kremlin seeks to shift blame for a looming […]
- Former Vice President Mike Pence wasn't on the ballot in Georgia this week, but he saw the results from the GOP primary as good news for him with two major […]
- Virginia Democrats want Lt. Gov. Winsome Sears to cancel her scheduled keynote address to a women's luncheon at the National Rifle Association's annual meeting in Houston.
- GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill want more information about how the Biden administration plans to replenish the strategic petroleum reserve after draining 180 million barrels to blunt high gasoline prices.
Real Clear Politics
- Georgia primary elections shows diverse GOP candidates are exciting the Republican base as the nation heads into the midterm election.
- Some are welcoming the fact that former President Donald Trump's standard-bearer for governor and for his
- Elon Musk's SpaceX finally has some competition.
- Communities devastated, families destroyed, and hundreds of daily dead.
- Inflation, high gas prices, the declining economy are hurting Americans but the Biden administration is grasping at catchy phrases.
- Not even 19 butchered children can break through its idiotic traditions.
- President Joe Biden's divisive stance on his Republican colleagues, will ensure no meaningful gun legislation is passed following the tragic Texas school shooting.
- An America vacillating between violent struggle and idle nihilism is shuddering toward its end.
- My sister is a teacher in America, which means she has had to teach her fourth grade students about how to defend themselves against people who might walk into her […]
- The factors that lead to tragedies like Uvalde are deeply ingrained in US politics, culture, and law.
National Review – Political headlines
Here are the latest political headlines from National Review.
- The bill would have created domestic terrorism task forces within federal law enforcement agencies.
- Only by removing counterproductive regulations can the free markets that drive innovation and competition flourish.
- The ruling raises both legal and political problems for Trump, who may plead the 5th Amendment against self-incrimination in response to questions.
- Uvalde Shooter Entered School ‘Unobstructed,’ Was Not Confronted Outside as Initially Claimed, Texas Official SaysDPS said that no officers were present at the school when the shooter entered, and that he spent an hour inside the building before being shot by police.
- Liotta acted in over 70 movies from the 1980s through the present day.
- Christine Drazen, Republican nominee for governor of Oregon, makes her pitch to centrist, independent voters.
- It was prudent of the defense not to take the risk.
- The Fed announced in March that it would raise interest rates for the first time since December 2018.
- Hope is not a strategy, and world consciousness is not a viable business model. It is adorable, but it is not for grown-ups.
- The IRS’s decision to destroy 30 million information returns reveals the inadequacy of our income-based tax system.
US Politics on Daily Mail
Here are the latest US politics from Daily Mail.
- Pelosi slams SF Archbishop for banning her from communion but not politicians who back death penaltyPelosi questioned whether the archbishop was holding a double standard for banning her from Communion for her position on abortion while keeping quiet about Republicans.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was spotted at Mass in Washington, D.C. on Sunday, where she did receive Holy Communion.
- Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone said during a Friday interview that his 'conscience' made him act against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi within the church.
- Two women were caught on camera arguing with one another after one filled her shopping cart full of baby formula. The interaction occurred in the aisles at a Target store in Massachusetts.
- Jean-Pierre wrote that between the ages of seven and 10, an older male cousin would sexually abuse her, forcing her to hide away in an attic crawl space to try and avoid him in her Queens home.
- Nina Jankowicz told CNN Thursday night that the heavily criticized board was a victim of politics are previously saying she and her family were given death threats during her tenure.
- Baby formula shortage: Congress PASSES $28m in emergency funding as parents slam Biden's over crisisThe House passed two bills. The first was a measure approved on a 414-9 vote will allow low-income women to purchase more baby formula. The second was the emergency funding.
- Jankowicz revealed that she just recalled 'one or two days' in recent weeks that she 'didn't report a violent threat' and said her critics 'need to learn how to be adults in the room.'
- Biden invoked the Defense Production Act to boost baby formula production and issued a directive authorizing planes to bring in supplies from overseas, after growing pressure from Congress.
- A group of lawmakers is begging Biden to invoke the Defense Production Act to address baby formula issues.
The Wall Street Journal Opinion
Here are the latest political opinion from Wall Street Journal.
- Democrats should stop their manipulations. Republicans should get serious on guns.
- CBO says revenues are booming, but government spending is rising faster.
- The district pulls ‘chief’ from its CFO’s title as a progressive gesture to Native Americans.
- Internal documents note how asylum-seekers track White House signals.
- After this week he’ll struggle to explain why anyone should vote Tory.
- The Congress Party has foundered under the leadership of Rahul Gandhi but seems incapable of letting him go.
- When activists took charge of FTC rulemaking in the 1970s, the agency barely survived the debacle.
- If Republican leaders were to participate in this political stunt, it would change the House forever.
- Policy can reduce the risk of another mass shooting like Uvalde. Nothing can eliminate it entirely.
- She thinks the invasion is justified. They said so on Russian state TV.
The New York Times -Political headlines
Here are the latest political headlines from New York Times.
- The U.S. secretary of state gave a glimpse of President Biden’s classified strategy on China, in which officials have concluded they cannot change Beijing’s behavior.
- The rollout of the process for some arrivals at the southwestern border will be small, but could represent the tip of broad changes to the asylum system.
- A group of Republicans and Democrats have begun an urgent set of talks aimed at reaching an elusive compromise on new gun laws. After a decade of failure, can this time be different?
- Differing objectives foreshadow a coming debate about what position President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine and his Western allies would take if negotiations to end the conflict finally get going.
- “What we’re trying to do is get to a point where Covid deaths are largely preventable, and I think we’re pretty close to there,” the White House Covid-19 response coordinator said.
- The decision ends a review the department initiated in October, months after its inspector general issued a scathing report that sharply criticized the F.B.I.’s handling of the case.
- Ms. Greene, the far-right Georgia Republican, spent more campaign money on personal security in the first quarter of this year than any other candidate, campaign finance filings show.
- Gov. Brian Kemp of Georgia just crushed a Trump-backed challenger. Many of his counterparts are also in strong political shape. And some are openly opposing their party’s leader.
- An internal report validated whistle-blower allegations that Scott Pruitt repeatedly forced his security detail to drive at dangerous speeds on routine trips because he was running late.
- James Craig and Perry Johnson, two of the party’s top contenders, were denied spots on the ballot by a state canvassing board. The party-line decision is expected to draw lawsuits.
- More than 90 percent of chickens eaten by Americans are raised by farmers under contracts with poultry processing companies.
- Louisiana and other Republican-led states challenged a federal working group’s efforts to develop standards for agencies to use in quantifying the harms caused by emissions.