Google removed Parler from their app store shortly after reports that President Donald Trump had created an account on the platform.

In a statement released to the press, Google said that the ban is for “user safety.”

“In order to protect user safety on Google Play, our longstanding policies require that apps displaying user-generated content have moderation policies and enforcement that removes egregious content like posts that incite violence. All developers agree to these terms and we have reminded Parler of this clear policy in recent months,” the statement said. “We’re aware of continued posting in the Parler app that seeks to incite ongoing violence in the US. We recognize that there can be reasonable debate about content policies and that it can be difficult for apps to immediately remove all violative content, but for us to distribute an app through Google Play, we do require that apps implement robust moderation for egregious content. In light of this ongoing and urgent public safety threat, we are suspending the app’s listings from the Play Store until it addresses these issues.”

According to Google Play, over five million people had already installed the Parler app on Android.

Meanwhile, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok and Instagram were all used to plot and carry out the massive Black Lives Matter domestic terror attacks on US cities last year. None of them were penalized.

Apple to Parler: Crack down on free speech or face ban

Today, Apple is also threatening to ban Parler from its App Store unless certain censorship policies are met.

Parler is a top-performing app in the App Store, frequently taking the top spot in downloads as censorship on other social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter has escalated.

Sean Davis posted: “Apple is currently threatening to ban Parler — the free speech alternative to Twitter — unless the service enacts draconian censorship policies demanded by left-wing Big Tech oligarchs, according to two sources familiar with Apple’s threats.”

Apple has given Parler just 24 hours to remove content that it considers “objectionable,” presenting the app with a seemingly impossible list of demands to meet in such a tight time window.

“We have received numerous complaints regarding objectionable content in your Parler service, accusations that the Parler app was used to plan, coordinate, and facilitate the illegal activities in Washington D.C. on January 6, 2021 that led to loss of life, numerous injuries, and the destruction of property,” Apple wrote to Parler. “The app also appears to continue to be used to plan and facilitate yet further illegal and dangerous activities.”

In an email obtained by BuzzFeed, Apple stated to Parler that “to ensure there is no interruption of the availability of your app on the App Store,” Parler needs to submit an update and a “requested moderation improvement plan within 24 hours of the date of the message,” which was sent on Friday morning. Apple said if Parler did not comply within that time frame, the app would be removed from the App store.

In a statement to CNS NEWS, Parler CEO John Matze stated that he would not be making any changes.

“We plan on enforcing our [terms of service] and complying with law enforcement as we usually do,” said Matze. “Apple believes they are in a political position strong enough to protect their anti-competitive interests by enforcing their censorship onto people on Parler.”

More stories: